quarta-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2016

Discovering Portugal - Amarante

Hi friends,

Today I want to share with all of you my micro trip to Amarante, a small town 60km of Oporto.

It's an old town famous by "Gonçalo de Amarante", or "São Gonçalo", a saint that old single ladies used to pray in order to get married.

Due to that fact in Amarante you can find the "Bolo of São Gonçalo" cake that have a curious form.

You can find more about São Gonçalo and the cake here and here.

I really enjoyed my afternoon there. It remembers me old medieval cities, with an unique athmosphere, maybe because of the landscape. You can find houses nearby the Tâmega river.
It's a really good place to go visit.
I was sad because I've only been there for 2 or 3 hours, but in one day you can visit all the atractions the city can offer.

More about Amarante in it's official website. Check here.

Now I leave you with some pictures of that afternoon.

Enjoy.














See you next time.
Enviar um comentário